Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A wise old lady once said ...

With a string of bad news and awful happenings over the past six months, I needed a dose of positive thinking ...

On the plane ride up to Northern California this morning, I was lucky enough to sit by a little old Scottish lady, named BJ, in her late 70s to early 80s. With glimmering blue eyes, an infectious smile, and the energy of someone much younger, BJ was just the person I needed to meet.

Here are a few of the wise-isms she imparted:


1) Always approach life with a can do attitude. Life moves so fast. Before you know it, doors open, doors close. There is so much opportunity. So, don’t ever give up on something because you never know where life is going to take you.

2) Always be kind and try to put a smile on people's faces.

3) Take your husband out to dinner for no reason other than you love him.

4) A date night once a week where you and he both dress up helps keep the romance alive after years and years of marriage.

5) Always be happy, and "Live. Love. And laugh as often as possible!" (She said, "I saw that on a rock. I hope to paint a rock one day.")


And when she exited the plane, she walked off at a quicker pace than I … telling me over her shoulder, “I am not in a wheelchair yet, so I am just going to go, go, go!”

What an inspiration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home