Monday, October 09, 2006

Portable Must-Haves For My Purse

My purse is small, very small; so what I do carry has to be tiny, very much an essential and most importantly very much a favorite.

1) L'Occitane Creamy Honey Lip Balm
Low on the shine, high on the moisturizing, this balm in a pot contains no petroleum and will not dry out lips.

2) L'Occitane Shea Butter Tinted Balm -– Vanille
The pocket sized tinted balm is perfect for the make-up adverse. The light tint adds no more than a natural healthful glow to lips and cheeks with absolutely no stickiness.

3) The Body Shop Powder-free Facial Blotting Tissues
My husband always gives me the oddest expression whenever I pull these babies out of my purse and start blotting away extra facial oils. I just give him an odd expression back and continue to blot blot blot! I don't care if boys don't understand, I use them anywhere, anytime for a fast, effective way to refresh skin and remove extra oil and shine. The finish is fresh and matte - never dry.

4) Johnson's Soothing Naturals Soothe & Protect Balm
I happened upon this product when I was in New York during the liquid ban on airplanes. What a find! This versatile tiny solid stick of vitamin-E based balm can soften dry cheeks and lips and can be used all over your body to help soothe and relieve extra dry patches. It smells great too.

Find these purse must haves at the L'Occitane and The Body Shop websites. Johnson's products can be purchased at any drugstore or Target type stores.

So, what's in your purse?

3 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

what's in my purse? hmmm... an ipod, an ipod nano, lots of old receipts, and the other expected purse items like my wallet, etc. can't have enough music for those long bus rides to and from work.

wish i had the contents of your purse!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger the fabled needle (jen) said...

GOL!! I bought that Johnson's balm for the EXACT same reason (flying)!!!!

Ndu, your comment makes me laugh. I have old receipts coming out, every which way. Like when you bust down the door of some old cat lady's house and she has piles of newspapers, dating all the way back to 1953.

Alas, my purse contents are very unexciting as I'm a supremo lightpacker. I have my wallet, phone (hopefully), keys, one of 30 lip balms (right now, Dr. Pepper lip smacker)and sunglasses. Woot.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

hey fur,
isn't it funny how we don't wear make-up but we LOOOVE lip balm? anyways, i recently bought a good one from nijiya market in japantown. it's "softlips" strawberry-flavored. i love it! glides on really smoothly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home